Sunday, November 14, 2010

Topic Proposal


The topic I choose to do that relates to “The Handmaid’s Tale” is how being a handmaid in our society is compared to what it is in the book. The text that confused me in, “The Handmaid’s Tale” in general was the story as a whole. How they were able to convert these women into being technically abused. How were they just forced to have children? I want to learn more about how their society allowed them to do what they did. The topic I’m going to research and hopefully get results is being a Handmaid in our society now versus what it describes in the book. I chose this topic because it really interested me how being a handmaid is portrayed now versus being a handmaid in Atwood’s book. It will help me better understand Atwood, based on her biography, which I plan to look into as well for a better understanding of her book.
Picture from Google images


http://www.contemporarywriters.com/authors/?p=auth03C18N390512635243

No comments:

Post a Comment