Thursday, October 14, 2010

Mid-Session Check In

The work that I have accomplished in English 102 so far is reading about the war and analyzing a poem. So far I have enjoyed the readings and the different assignments that we do in order to get to know my classmates better. Although the biggest challenge that I have had in this class, has been staying on top of my homework. Just for the simple fact that it is an online class, it is hard to keep a steady schedule to have all my homework done and submitted on time. One of my biggest success so far has been having all my work turned in on time because the due dates are always either on Friday or Sunday nights (I still procrastinate).When it comes to the readings that we have had to read; they have affected me in a way that makes me understand more what it is like to live on the front. The authors do a great job at describing what the characters feel and I really do feel the soldier’s emotions. They stories really have good imagery as well. When we began with literary analysis it was different from the other styles of writing that I have dealt with because you are making an argument out of the text rather than summarizing it. This is the first class that I have had to do any type of reading analysis; I do like the fact that I understand it more. Well, now that I understand analysis more, my goal for the next session of this class is to really try to stay on top of things and keep improving on my writing. I also would like to accomplish a better understanding of analysis (like how to clearly do it) and do well for the remainder of the class.

No comments:

Post a Comment