Thursday, August 26, 2010

Good Readers and Good Writers



Here are my answers to the reading on "Good Readers and Good Writers":

1. What does Nabokov think makes a good reader? Do you agree?
-Nabokov thinks that a good reader has imagination, memory, a dictionary, and some kind of artistic sense. Also, that a good and major reader is a re-reader. I agree with Nabokov that a good reader is one that re-reads because once you have read the story once or twice you do get what’s going on in the story. Also I agree that a good reader has imagination in order to paint the picture of the story.
2. What do you believe are the characteristics of a good reader?
-Characteristics of a good reader are that they can create a good picture of what they are reading. Also they have to understand the vocabulary that is in the reading. As well as having a good memory so that they can remember the story once they’re done reading it.
3. Do you consider yourself a good reader?
-I do believe that I am a good reader because I can instantly paint a picture in my head when I am reading. Also if the story is interesting I have the wanting to read it till it’s over. I can say sometimes I do get the literature but if I don’t get it I look the word up and find its meaning. Finally, I do tend to re-read stories over and over to get the story.

Here is a link on characteristics of a good reader: http://www.project-read.com/characteristics-of-a-good-reader/

No comments:

Post a Comment